1. Participants must be registered online via UNFCC portal as members of Nigerian delegates to the event .
2. A comprehensive list of the registered delegates be conveyed to the Foreign Ministry to enable us transit same to the Egyptian embassy for proper identification of Nigerian delegates.
3. Registered delegates that have received the UNFCCC acknowledgement slip and whose names are on the comprehensive list are legible to apply for the Egyptian visa free of charge.
4. Those attending the high level event( World Leaders Summit) from 7-8 November, 2022, are requested to fill out the delegates form for onward transmission to the Egyptian government.
5. Kindly note that as of today, the Egyptian government is not availing free accommodation, therefore respective delegates should make their hotel reservations before the commencement of the event.
6. The State House is responsible for Mr. President’s accommodation in conjunction with the Nigerian embassy in Cairo.
7. The Nigerian embassy in Cairo can avail the rates of hotel rooms and vehicles for interested participants.
8. Delegates are free to make their hotel reservations and other necessary logistics.
9. Kindly recall that Egypt Airline will fly directly from Lagos to Sharm El-Shiekh for COP27.
10. Please feel free to make more inquiries.
In addition, the Egyptian health authority has mandated that travellers to the country must be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Yellow Fever.
Evidence of such vaccination ( COVID-19 vaccination and Yellow Fever cards) must be presented upon arrival in the country.
Further health protocols will be availed as soon as it is received from the Egyptian government.