- Mobilization and reinforcement of the capacities of local teams of experts and researchers for the scientific analysis of low-emission development pathways.
- Production of country studies analyzing country-specific low-emission development strategies.
- Contribution to the debate on public policies and project evaluation in the light of the low emission objective.
- Structuration of a community of practice among Nigerian and African research institutions to facilitate knowledge sharing.
- Socialization/outreach of results towards the international climate community to contribute to the global process in the context of the Paris Agreement.
While the production of country studies analyzing pathways for low-emission development strategies for Nigeria has always been a critical component of the national climate policy, generating context-relevant long term climate scenarios and modeling for Nigeria has become even more imperative in the light of the newly submitted NDC and the net zero carbon pledge made by the President at COP26 in Glasgow.
It is in this regard that the Ministry is launching the DDP Project on Friday December 17, 2021 at Rockview Hotel Royal Wuse II, Abuja.which aims at engaging Key Stakeholders on the Deep Decarbonization Project and initiating conversations on the scenarios and modeling options that can support Nigeria to achieve National long term climate objectives including the goal of net zero emission by 2060.