Validation Workshop on: Toolkit for the establishment and capacity development of climate change desks/units in state ministries of environment and relevant MDAs Tuesday, 6 March 2018, Mabushi, Abuja The Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Environment, Dr. Shehu M. U. Ahmed, MCIT, FIPAN highlighted national efforts that has been put in place by the FMENv through the DCC to curb the menace of Climate Change and point out that the resourceful deliberation at this forum is critical to key solutions of environmental problems in our dear nation, he therefore appeal for the cooperation of all stakeholders in achieving the training’s objectives. The Federal Ministry of Environment (FMENv) through the Department of Climate Change (DCC) have generated and shared with all States in the six geo-political zones of Nigeria a ‘Guidance Note’ on climate change. This is basically to apprised states on issues relating to climate change, the gaps/challenges and ways to tackle such challenges. In view of the above, the FMENv through the DCC have gone further to initiate the development of toolkit for the establishment and capacity development of climate change desks/units in State Ministries of environment and relevant MDAs. Thus, the stakeholders’ validation workshop is held to guide the process for building capacity and developing a Training Plan that would enhance the performance of focal points, including their ability to mobilise resources for climate change response from many available global and regional sources. The validation workshop is expected to informed, build capacity and captured stakeholders inputs on the establishment of the toolkits for climate change desks/units in states and MDAs. Also to explore different avenues/platforms on climate funding windows and ways to access such funds
About The Author
September 21, 2020
July 31, 2021
September 21, 2020
- Countdown to COP 26 UN Climate Change Conference
- PRESIDENT BUHARI APPROVES THE REVISED NATIONAL CLIMATE CHANGE POLICY FOR NIGERIA
- PARIS AGREEMENT: NIGERIA SUBMITS NDC INTERIM REPORT TO UNFCCC.
- Launch of the National Action Plan on Gender and Climate Change for Nigeria
- Commonwealth Notification of Vacancy
- ECOWAS Facilitates the Development of Climate Change Projects in Nigeria
- Global leaders highlight need to invest for COVID-climate recovery
- Nigeria became the 144th country to ratify the Doha Amendment.
- A Two-Day NDC Business Round Table for The North-Central Region Towards the Implementation of the Paris Agreement in Nigeria.
- UNFCCC Meetings to Showcase Technologies for Low-Emission Buildings