TWO-DAY SOUTH WEST REGIONAL SENSITIZATION WORKSHOP ON CLIMATE CHANGE
DATE: February 3rd – 4th, 2020 VENUE: Presken Hotel, Maryland, Lagos
The two-day workshop on South-West Regional Sensitization on Climate Change took place at Presken Hotel, Lagos from 3rd – 4th February, 2020. The workshop was aimed at creating awareness on climate change at the sub-national level, building sub-national capacity on accessing climate funds and ways of reporting climate change interventions to enable progress tracking and also create avenue for continuous synergy with the States on the implementation of Nigeria’ s Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) .
The workshop was organized by Federal Ministry of Environment. The gathering is the third in series of the Regional Sensitization workshop, the first took place at North-west region (Kaduna state), while the second was at the North – Central region held in Lafia, Nasarawa State.
The workshop aimed to achieve the following set objectives:
• To improve knowledge on Climate Change at the sub-national level;
• To create awareness on ways of accessing climate funds;
• To ensure participation of the sub-national governments in drafting of National Climate Change Awareness Strategy Action Plan;
• To enhance understanding and collaboration with States on the implementation of the Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC);
• To elicit commitments and support from relevant stakeholders at the State level.